It’s time to get off your butt and tone it! You don’t need to make it to the gym to get a lifted derriere. These 10 exercises will tone your butt using just your body weight. Squeeze them into your existing strength training workouts to get toned and tight results.
Get lifted: Bodyweight exercise that will tone your butt
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, and place your hands at the back of your head with your elbows opened wide.
- Pull your abs to your spine, and keep your back neutral while pressing your butt backward, hinging at that hips, until your back is almost parallel to the floor. Keep a slight bend in your knees as you bend forward.
- Return to standing, squeezing your glutes when you are upright. This completes one rep.
- Begin in an athletic stance with feet shoulder-width apart and arms bent with hands at chest level. Bend knees and come into a full squat.
- Jump up as explosively as you can, reaching for the ceiling.
- When you land, lower back into the squat position to complete one rep.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells in your hands with your arms straight and your palms facing away from you. If you don’t have dumbbells, keep your hands clasped in front of your chest as shown. Step your feet apart so there’s about 20 inches between your heels. Point your toes out slightly.
- Bend your knees and elbows, keep your shoulders over your hips, and lower down so your weight is back in your heels. Then straighten your legs and arms. This completes one rep.
- Start with your feet in a wide, second-position stance with your toes pointed slightly outward. Bend your knees and lower into a squat, using your hands to help push your knees wide apart to deepen the inner-thigh stretch.
- Push off your knees to get leverage, and jump your right leg in front of your left, landing in a standing “cross-legged” stance.
- Immediately jump your legs back out to a wide squat with your hands at your knees.
- Push off your knees and jump your legs together, crossing your left leg in front of your right.
- This completes one rep.
Full Story: Bodyweight Butt Exercises