Time and money are two excuses heard more often when it comes to not eating healthy. However, simple recipes like overnight oats solve both those issues. Check out this easy recipe for Peanut Butter Overnight oats, which will have you eating a healthy and delicious breakfast with little to no effort in the morning.
An easy and healthy breakfast: Peanut butter overnight oats
The results are amazing! These oats are:
Perfectly (and naturally) sweet
& Absolutely delicious
These oats would make the perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack, especially for those of you with hectic mornings. I also think it would make the perfect meal to enjoy after an intense workout – hello 15 grams of protein!
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3/4 Tbsp (9 g) chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp (32 g) natural salted peanut butter or almond butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar, organic brown sugar, or stevia to taste)
- 1/2 cup (45 g) gluten free rolled oats
- Sliced banana, strawberries or raspberries
- Flaxseed meal or additional chia seed
- To a mason jar or small bowl add almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, and maple syrup (or other sweetener) and stir with a spoon to combine. The peanut butter doesn’t need to be completely mixed with the almond milk (doing so leaves swirls of peanut butter to enjoy the next day).
- Add oats and stir a few more times, then press down with a spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened and are immersed in almond milk.
Full Story: Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
thumbnail courtesy of minimalistbaker.com